Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Project Cupcake


I wanted to experiment on some cake flavours and also a Swiss meringue buttercream recipe, thus I launched Project Cupcake! Hehehe...


It was just a full day of baking different cupcakes and whipping up different frostings.

Here are the fruits off my labour:


A deep, dark, moist chocolate cake
with
a decadent Belgian chocolate ganache topping.


A fragrant vanilla bean cake
with
a delicately silky Swiss meringue buttercream frosting.


A fun Oreo crumbs cake
with
a yummy cookies and cream frosting.


A deliciously moist, light cocoa cake
with
a rich and fluffy cream cheese frosting.

I have to say, that the Red Velvet is my current favourite! But chocolate has always been an all-time favourite, so it's a tie I guess!!

The kids seemed to gravitate towards the Cookies and Cream ones, so the least popular were the Vanilla cupcakes. To me, vanilla cupcakes just seem boring. I wonder if there's something I'm doing wrong? I'll definitely be looking into more vanilla cake recipes...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails