Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Teddy Bear Anniversary


Hubby and I and Sis no.4 and her hubby got married on the same day on 27/12/00. So we recently celebrated our 9th anniversary.


I made a boy and a girl teddy bear from fondant. I used store bought fondant, so it was quite easy to handle. However, I added in the gum tragacanth a few days earlier, so it made the fondant a bit harder to work with. This explains the cracks which I couldn't, for the life of me, knead out without getting carpal tunnel syndrome.



I placed the cutie bears on a scalloped circle of white fondant and wrote 'Happy Anniversary' using a fine-tipped food marker.



The cakes are chocolate cake covered in dark chocolate ganache. I used Cadbury's Old Gold chocolate for the ganache and it was heavenly! For the mini cakes I piped on the ganache using the large star tip and just placed a jumbo heart sprinkle on top.

Cuteness!!




2 comments:

  1. Wowow stunning job!

    Congrats on your 9th anniversary and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karine! Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails