Monday, January 11, 2010

Ben 10 Birthday Cake


My nephew Marc celebrated his 6th birthday on Sunday. I seldom make cakes for boys, because my children and my sisters' children are mostly girls! The girls outnumber the boys by 2:1!

So anyway, Marc loves Ben 10, so I went on the internet to find some Ben 10 related pictures.



The kids tell me this guy is called "Grey Matter". He's one of the aliens Ben 10 can turn into. I just picked him because he's the easiest to make!! The others have too many arms, eyes, e.t.c.! I made this guy from fondant and he has a toothpick in him for a little support. For the eyes, I had the help of my handy food markers.



I made a 6 inch round chocolate cake, which I covered in white fondant. I wrote "Marc 6" instead of "Ben 10" by cutting fondant free-hand. The black outlines and filling-in was done with royal icing, because I find tinting fondant black is just too much hard work!

I also made 6 chocolate cupcakes and covered them with a simple fondant 'omnitrix' design. One for each candle.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails