Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


With the lack of birthdays in the near horizon, I thought I'd bake something easy with which the kids could 'help'. They haven't 'helped' in the kitchen for a while because birthday cakes are too delicate to have too many cooks! So, I decided to make cookies since they can't go wrong much! Seeing as the kids like chocolate chips, and I had plenty of yucky oatmeal gathering dust in the cupboard, I went with chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.

It was a hit with the kids. At least there was plenty of nutritious oatmeal in it, so I didn't feel too guilty when they gulped down dozens at a time... 


Here's the batter which the kids helped mix.
 


All in a row, ready for the oven...  


Smells heavenly... 


Here's a jar for Cousin Amanda. I bought these lovely glass jars simply because they were nice! Now I have a reason to actually use them!



Delicious with a tall glass of cold milk.




Here's the recipe I used:

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoon milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups uncooked oats
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars and butter and beat until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix till well blended.
Add flour, baking soda and salt.
Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
Drop teaspoonfuls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 9-10 minutes.
Let cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
Cool completeBoldly before storing.

Warning: There might not be any left to store!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Priscilla, I can smell the cookies from here...hehe.

    I am still a beginner in baking and the first thing I started baking was cookies. It all ended up in the dustbin. I do not know what is the right temp and time for cookies. Either they turned hangus or not fully cooked!

    Anyway, I like the glass jug with the ribbon. It is a very nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JT.. thanks! You could try and get a good recipe and try gain! I find cookies easier than cakes actually...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails