Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse


So a fellow pharmacist's son was celebrating his very  first birthday and Mummy wanted me to make a cake. Baby Joel (love that name) apparently likes Mickey Mouse, so we decided on a Mickey mouse Clubhouse cake plus cuppies.

The top tier of the cake is the ever popular dark chocolate cake with a Belgian chocolate ganache filling and covering. The bottom tier is a polystyrene dummy, just to add height and 'grandeur' to the cake! Real cake for the bottom tier would have been way too much cake.


The cake was covered in soft fondant and 2D decor also done with soft fondant. The top of the cake was adorned with candles which Mummy passed to me. It was a little crowded but still great anyway.


The cupcakes were also the same flavour and covered with soft fondant. I got to try out my Mickey cutters which I've had for a while now, but never had the chance to use yet. But I'm not worried that my cutter will get outdated, cause Mickey Mouse is timeless, and my guess is; my grand kids will still  be watching some form or another of Mickey Mouse!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi i love your mickey mouse clubhouse cake for baby Joel's 1st birthday. Do you still take order for this cake? Im interested to order for my son's first birthday. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i sent a comment earlier regarding my interest to order this cake, my name is Brenda Chan, contact no is 012-8918455, brend_tingting@yahoo.com. Pls let me know. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails