Thursday, June 2, 2011

Toy Story


A client of mine wanted some Bob the Builder cuppies for her son's first birthday. She had seen them on my blog and thought they would be great for the occasion. However, after shopping around for party accessories, she realized that there were not many Bob the Builder  party accessories available, so she changed it to a Toy Story themed party instead.


So, I told her to choose a main character, i.e: Woody vs. Buzz and a few other smaller characters. She preferred Woody and left it to me to decide who else would be included. I chose the 3 Martians cause they're so cute! (read: I spent waaay too much time on Woody and these guys were easier to make!!) hehehe...


Unlike Bob the Builder, I did not have a book with step-by-step directions to follow. I just referred to a few photos which I Googled.

Woody's shirt was kind of hard to make. The red checks on his shirt was drawn on with a red edible marker pen. I had to do it twice. I chucked the first attempt cause the lines were all wrong. I'm not too happy with the neckline of the shirt though. It should be a v-shape. I think next time I'll give him a red scarf to tie around his neck. That would cover the neckline and add a splash of colour.


For this project, I used plenty of dried spaghetti sticks for structure. I hate fretting and worrying that my pieces will fall apart once I've handed them over to the customer, so I've decided I will use as many structural reinforcements as needed, for peace of mind.


The cupcakes were also a bit rushed, because, like I said, I spent too much time on the models, especially Woody! But my client was happy with the results, so all's good! :)

P/S: I forgot to write "ANDY" with black marker on the sole of Woody's boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails