Thursday, July 29, 2010

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?


SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!

Absorbent and yellow and porous is he.


SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!



Don't you just love Spongebob and Patrick and all that nautical nonsense? I know I do! :) I made this cake for my daughter Claire's 5th birthday, for her to bring to school. There will be another one for her this Sunday when we have a party to celebrate the birthdays of kids nos.2, 3, and 4! So there will actually be 3 cakes, but I'm only making two, as one of them will be store-bought.

The cake is plain madeira with strawberry filling and a butter cream crumb coat. It is covered with fondant and Spongebob's nose, limbs and shoes are made of gumpaste.

I wanted big googly, innocent, eyes, so I gave him big irises and made sure to add in the reflections, i.e.: the white dots. Also as I'm a stickler for detail, I even put on the stripes for his socks!


I love this cake, one of my favourite to date. The only minor detail that bugs me is that the legs are a bit too small. I had no choice because I was running out of space! :)

Oh well, on to the next two cakes for this Sunday! Will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails