Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Father's Day


I got a new book from Amazon.com, "The Cake Bible", by Rose Levy Beranbaum. It's a great book with a complete range of cake recipes and what I like most is the detailed explanations of the science behind cake-making. It tells you what every ingredient is for; in the physics and chemistry of the cake.



Anyway, I made the 'All Ocassion Butter Cake' from her book, for Father's Day. The cake was great, it had a good texture and lovely taste. I levelled and torted the cakes (I made two) with the Wilton cake leveller which I also recently purchased. It's a very useful tool indeed.



I filled the cakes with lemon curd which unfortunately didn't go down too well with the children! I iced it with the lemon curd then a simple buttercream. I was going to use my leftover fondant, but found that it's texture had gone off and I did not have time to make a new batch.

Since I was short on time, I just tied a red ribbon round the sides and wrote a simple 'Happy Father's Day' on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails