Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Rainbow sprinkles


My little niece Amelie loves drawing and colouring rainbows! So when her birthday rolled around, it only made sense to make her a rainbow cake!

I was inspired by the famous rainbow cake made by The Greedy Baker. Initially I wanted to make the inside a rainbow coloured cake as well, but didn't have the time. So in the end, the cake was a red velvet cake, filled and coated with cream cheese frosting.


It was then covered in sprinkles! This was not as easy as I thought it would be and my kitchen ended up generously sprinkled with hundreds and thousands!

The rainbow was made ahead of time using gumpaste and wires. Then on the day of the party, I just stuck in onto the top. The last bit was to pipe a border of cream cheese frosting round the base of the cake and the rainbow.

The kids loved it and I must say this is an easy yet effective way to cover a cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails